Just the Three of Us
Grace! Watch Out!!!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Grace has been very eager to perfect her newly-learned motor skill (walking) lately. Recently, much to our alarm, she started running around the house. Just as we were wondering when she would have her first bump, it happened yesterday afternoon when Mum was about to leave. She tripped and hit her head. My heart sank when I saw her face plastered against the shoe cabinet. She cried 2 weeks worth of tears. Heartache!

We sprang into action of icing her bump to reduce the swell before bringing her to the doctor. Though she returned to normalcy after wailing inconsolably for 10 minutes, she’s under close monitoring for the next 24 hours.

The Husband’s response?

Husband: I told you not be overly-confident.
Me: *silence*
Husband: So what do you have to say to me? *in jest*
Me: Nothing… it was an accident. *defensively*

Truth be told, it was really hard watching Grace get hurt. It’s even harder not to feel guilty. There were many thoughts of “I could have and should have” done this and that. Well, as part of the healing process, here’s the apology.

Dear Grace,
Mama is sorry for not being vigilant enough. It’s my negligence. I will try my best to prevent accidents from happening in future. How I wish the bump is on me and not on you. Praying much that God will continue to watch over you and keep you safe. XOXO

To the Husband:
Your “teachings” have not fallen on deaf ears. Have I got the 3 parts of a sincere apology correct? =P
1) I’m sorry.
2) It’s my fault.
3) How can I make it right? (The most important part which makes the apology sincere)